Dear Prospective Athlete:
2019-20 Physical Form: TBD
The below forms MUST be submitted to be cleared on athleticclearance.com:
- SDUSD Physical Examination Form
- Medical History Form
- Season Activity Form
In order to compete in athletics at La Jolla High School, you must comply with each of the following steps. You will not be allowed to try-out, practice, or participate until all steps have been completed and you have received a clearance e-mail from the aathleticclearance.com system.
- Complete all parts of the Athletics Clearance Online Forms.
- (OPTIONAL) Purchase an SAC (Student Activity Card) card from the school at a cost of $30.00. The SAC card gets you into all home regular season games.
- Submit The SDUSD Physician’s Physical Forms, Medical History Form and Seasonal Activity Form to the administration in the main office once you have completed the online forms process. Or, upload the forms online. The SDSUD Physical Form is the ONLY accepted form.
- Receive an e-mail stating that you are cleared to play.
NOTE: Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select Clearances at the top and then Start Clearance Here! After entering the year, school and additional sport, most of your information will auto fill. You must complete this process and get cleared for every sport that you plan to participate in during the 2018-2019 school year. Please allow one week to process clearances after the deadline.
LJHS ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
Quick steps for parents/students using the online athletic clearance process. ALL PHYSICALS MUST be AFTER June 1, 2019.
Online Athletic Clearance
- Visit AthleticClearance.com
- Watch quick tutorial video
- Register. Parents/Guardians register with first and last name, a valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a provided code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate. If you already have an account, skip to step iv.
- Select “Start Clearance Here!” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Football in Sept 2019 would be the 2019-2020 School Year. Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for. Choose Sport
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Information and Signature Forms.
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process. Please review and PRINT the confirmation page.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with the La Jolla High School athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent. To be cleared, athletes MUST have a 2.0 non-weighted GPA and 2.0 Citizenship to participate in contests and scrimmages.
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
Multiple Sports – Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select Clearances at the top and then Start Clearance Here! After entering the year, school and additional sport, most of your information will auto fill. You must complete this process and get cleared for every sport that you plan to participate in during the 2019-2020 school year. Please allow 24 business hours to process and update clearances.
2019-20 Physical Form: TBD
The physical form for La Jolla High School can be downloaded on Step #1 or under Student Info at the bottom of the page. We will accept the physical in a hard copy form into the main office or the uploaded file. You MUST have your doctor complete the SDUSD Physical Form. We will not accept another form.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL YOU ARE CLEARED
Athletic Clearance Submission Deadlines for 2019-20
Fall Sports: July 28, 2019
Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Girls Volleyball, Field Hockey, Boys Water Polo, Girls Tennis, Cheer
Winter Sports: November 1, 2019
Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, Wrestling, Girls Water Polo
Spring Sports: January 27, 2020
Badminton, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Swim & Dive, Boys Volleyball, Boys Golf, Boys Tennis