Dear Prospective Athlete:
Registration for the 20-21 sports season is open on athleticclearance.com.
The Sports Physical MUST be after June 1, 2020, signed by a Doctor after June 1, 2020 and submitted to be cleared on athleticclearance.com:
SDUSD Physical Examination Form: SDUSD Athletic Physical Packet 2020-21
In order to compete in athletics at La Jolla High School, you must comply with each of the following steps and register for every sport you plan to tryout out for. You will not be allowed to try-out, practice, or participate until all steps have been completed and you have received a clearance e-mail from the athleticclearance.com system.
- Complete all parts of the Athletics Clearance Online Forms.
- UPLOAD the SDUSD Physician’s Physical Form to your athleticclearance.com account. The SDSUD Physical Form is the ONLY accepted physical form.
- Receive an e-mail stating that you are cleared to play.
- (OPTIONAL) Purchase an SAC (Student Activity Card) card from the school at a cost of $30.00. The SAC card gets you into all home regular season games.
NOTE: Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select Clearances at the top and then Start Clearance Here! After entering the year, school and additional sport, most of your information will auto fill. You must complete this process and get cleared for every sport that you plan to participate in during the 2020-2021 school year. Please allow one week to process clearances after the deadline.
LJHS ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
Quick steps for parents/students using the online athletic clearance process. ALL PHYSICALS MUST be AFTER June 1, 2020.
Online Athletic Clearance
- Visit AthleticClearance.com
- Watch quick tutorial video
- Register. Parents/Guardians register with first and last name, a valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a provided code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate. If you already have an account, skip to step iv.
- Select “Start Clearance Here!” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Football in Sept 2019 would be the 2019-2020 School Year. Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for. Choose Sport
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Information and Signature Forms.
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process. Please review and PRINT the confirmation page for your records.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with the La Jolla High School athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent. To be cleared, athletes MUST have a 2.0 non-weighted GPA and 2.0 Citizenship to participate in contests and scrimmages.
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
Multiple Sports – Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select Clearances at the top and then Start Clearance Here! After entering the year, school and additional sport, most of your information will auto fill. You must complete this process and get cleared for every sport that you plan to participate in during the 2020-2021 school year. Please allow 24 business hours to process and update clearances.
The physical form for La Jolla High School can be downloaded on Step #1 or under Student Info at the bottom of the page or SDUSD Athletic Physical Packet 2020-21. You must upload your signed and complete Physical Form. The Sports Physical MUST be after June 1, 2020, signed by a Doctor after June 1, 2020 and submitted to be cleared on athleticclearance.com. We will not accept another form.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL YOU ARE CLEARED
Athletic Clearance Submission Deadlines for 2020-2021
Fall Sports: TBD
Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Girls Volleyball, Field Hockey, Boys Water Polo, Girls Tennis, Cheer
Winter Sports: TBD
Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, Wrestling, Girls Water Polo
Spring Sports: TBD
Badminton, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Swim & Dive, Boys Volleyball, Boys Golf, Boys Tennis